École Parc Élémentaire is now closed for the summer break
Our office will reopen on Aug. 26, 2019.
If you have questions about registration, call the school office when we reopen.
Back to School 2019-20
Classes for the 2019-20 school year begin on Tuesday, September 3. Find everything you need to know about getting ready for the new year by visiting our back to school page.
EPE 2018 2019 Parent Survey Results
The results are now available for the 2018-19 EIPS Parent Survey conducted in March. Thank you to all families who took the time to share their feedback with the Division. The survey included 21 questions related to the three priorities outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan:
- Priority 1: Promote growth and success for all students
- Priority 2: Enhance high quality learning and working environments
- Priority 3: Enhance public education through effective engagement, partnerships and communication
The overall Division results represent 3,713 responses from parents and guardians across the Division. This was an increase in responses from 2,918 in the previous year.
The survey results for École Parc Élémentaire have helped us identify the following areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
Areas of strength:
- Children are demonstrating growth in literacy
- An increase of parental satisfaction of the quality of education their children are receiving (has increased by 20% over the past four years)
- An increase of parental satisfaction of the quality of teaching at their child's school (has increased by 28% over the past four years)
Opportunities for growth:
- Continue to build student understanding regarding the importance of citizenship
- Continue to inform students about the skills and attitudes necessary to be successful in life
- Continue to seek ways to build partnerships within the community
The feedback gathered will help our school and the Division measure its progress toward meeting the priorities and goals outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan and develop strategies to better serve students and the wider community moving forward.
Questions about Kindergarten Registration ?
Elk Island Public Schools 2019-20 Registration Drive
All student registrations for the 2019-20 school year—including kindergarten registration, returning student registration and new student registration—will take place online commencing on Feb. 1, 2019.
- Kindergarten: Your child is eligible to enrol in kindergarten if he/she will be five years old on or before December 31, 2019.
All registration forms will be online for families to complete. Additional information, including a list of schools with open and closed boundaries, will be posted on the Division website.
When Can My Child Start Kindergarten?
To register for kindergarten in the 2019-20 school year, your child must be five years old on or before Dec. 31, 2019.
School News View All
Yearbook Orders are OPEN
Posted on Jun 12 2019
If you are interested in a 2018 2019 yearbook - please fill out the form and return to office with Payment. Forms will be coming home June 12. Orders due: June 27th.
Artwork Depicting Seven Sacred Teachings Unveiled at Pine Street Elementary
Posted on Jun 21 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. — The Grade 6 students of Pine Street Elementary unveiled a new art piece that will be displayed on their library wall for all future students and visitors to contemplate and admire. The oil painting, a creative…
EIPS Board Approves New Policy: Responsible use of digital technology in schools
Posted on May 27 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. — Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) Board of Trustees has approved a new policy regarding cellphones. Policy 24, Personal Communication Devices, passed at a regular Board Meeting on May 22, 2019, outlines how students…
École Parc Élémentaire Students Seek out New Trails in New Bike Club
Posted on May 17 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. —The students at École Parc Élémentaire are getting a crash course in all-things cycling thanks to a new after school program hosted by some generous parent volunteers. From now until the end of the school…