EPE 2018 2019 Parent Survey Results
The results are now available for the 2018-19 EIPS Parent Survey conducted in March. Thank you to all families who took the time to share their feedback with the Division. The survey included 21 questions related to the three priorities outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan:
- Priority 1: Promote growth and success for all students
- Priority 2: Enhance high quality learning and working environments
- Priority 3: Enhance public education through effective engagement, partnerships and communication
The overall Division results represent 3,713 responses from parents and guardians across the Division. This was an increase in responses from 2,918 in the previous year.
The survey results for École Parc Élémentaire have helped us identify the following areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
Areas of strength:
- Children are demonstrating growth in literacy
- An increase of parental satisfaction of the quality of education their children are receiving (has increased by 20% over the past four years)
- An increase of parental satisfaction of the quality of teaching at their child's school (has increased by 28% over the past four years)
Opportunities for growth:
- Continue to build student understanding regarding the importance of citizenship
- Continue to inform students about the skills and attitudes necessary to be successful in life
- Continue to seek ways to build partnerships within the community
The feedback gathered will help our school and the Division measure its progress toward meeting the priorities and goals outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan and develop strategies to better serve students and the wider community moving forward.
Questions about Kindergarten Registration ?
Elk Island Public Schools 2019-20 Registration Drive
All student registrations for the 2019-20 school year—including kindergarten registration, returning student registration and new student registration—will take place online commencing on Feb. 1, 2019.
- Kindergarten: Your child is eligible to enrol in kindergarten if he/she will be five years old on or before December 31, 2019.
All registration forms will be online for families to complete. Additional information, including a list of schools with open and closed boundaries, will be posted on the Division website.
When Can My Child Start Kindergarten?
To register for kindergarten in the 2019-20 school year, your child must be five years old on or before Dec. 31, 2019.
School News View All
Thiel's Spring Flower Fundraiser PICK UP MAY 13
Posted on Apr 9 2019
Order forms will be coming home today or tomorrow. Order Deadline: May 1 Order Pick Up: May 13. Proceeds will go towards our green space improvement project. We are getting closer to our goal of raising enough funds to replace the beautiful tree…
HOT LUNCH ONLINE ORDERING is CLOSED
Posted on Apr 22 2019
May 10 - Fort High Hot Lunch - ORDERING is CLOSED We’re having FORT HIGH school for this HOT LUNCH 2 CHOICES: #1. Perogie dinner #2. Turkey dinne ORDER DEADLINE: next Monday, April 29 Kindergarten Group B will participate in this Hot Lunch only This…
EIPS 2019 2020 Division Calendar is now available!
Posted on Jan 7 2019
The official 2019-20 EIPS calendar is now available online. The calendar includes important dates during the 2019-20 school such as school-closure days; breaks; the first and last day of classes; professional learning days; and early dismissal days.…
École Parc Élémentaire Students Seek out New Trails in New Bike Club
Posted on May 17 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. —The students at École Parc Élémentaire are getting a crash course in all-things cycling thanks to a new after school program hosted by some generous parent volunteers. From now until the end of the school…
EIPS Celebrates Learning During Education Week 2019
Posted on Apr 29 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. — Students and staff across Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) are showcasing the important role education plays in shaping their future as part of Education Week 2019, from April 29 to May 3. Led by the Alberta…
EIPS Students Stand Up and Speak Out at Young Speakers Invitational
Posted on Apr 17 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. — More than 70 of the top student speakers from 25 elementary schools in Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) are getting set to compete in the ninth annual EIPS Young Speakers Invitational on April 18. Over the last…