School Supplies - School Start
Your School Council at École Parc Élémentaire is excited to offer the opportunity to purchase your school supplies through School Start for the 2019/2020 school year which in turn supports your school activities. This process will save you both time and money.
2 ways to place your order(s):
#1. You can place your order online at schoolstart.ca. Visa & MasterCard are accepted.
Note: Upon entering the online order location - click on "purchase your SCHOOL Kits" - this will take you to each grade.
Place your order online in June and you will automatically be entered for a chance to win a $1000 cash draw!
When using e-commerce sites, please ensure your browser is Internet Explorer 10.0 or later, Firefox or Chrome.
#2. You can also fill out the supplied order form, and return to your school with payment. Please make cheques payable to School Start.
Order Form Deadline: is June 21, 2019.
- Late orders will be accepted online until October 1, 2019 (a $5 late fee will be applied after August 1, 2019)
There are 2 delivery options:
A. ONLINE ORDERS - may be delivered to school or home (additional $3.50 charge).
B. PAPER ORDERS - will be delivered to school directly.
If you have any questions, please contact School Start: 1-800-580-1868 or email email@example.com
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school as well.
EPE 2018 2019 Parent Survey Results
The results are now available for the 2018-19 EIPS Parent Survey conducted in March. Thank you to all families who took the time to share their feedback with the Division. The survey included 21 questions related to the three priorities outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan:
- Priority 1: Promote growth and success for all students
- Priority 2: Enhance high quality learning and working environments
- Priority 3: Enhance public education through effective engagement, partnerships and communication
The overall Division results represent 3,713 responses from parents and guardians across the Division. This was an increase in responses from 2,918 in the previous year.
The survey results for École Parc Élémentaire have helped us identify the following areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
Areas of strength:
- Children are demonstrating growth in literacy
- An increase of parental satisfaction of the quality of education their children are receiving (has increased by 20% over the past four years)
- An increase of parental satisfaction of the quality of teaching at their child's school (has increased by 28% over the past four years)
Opportunities for growth:
- Continue to build student understanding regarding the importance of citizenship
- Continue to inform students about the skills and attitudes necessary to be successful in life
- Continue to seek ways to build partnerships within the community
The feedback gathered will help our school and the Division measure its progress toward meeting the priorities and goals outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan and develop strategies to better serve students and the wider community moving forward.
Questions about Kindergarten Registration ?
Elk Island Public Schools 2019-20 Registration Drive
All student registrations for the 2019-20 school year—including kindergarten registration, returning student registration and new student registration—will take place online commencing on Feb. 1, 2019.
- Kindergarten: Your child is eligible to enrol in kindergarten if he/she will be five years old on or before December 31, 2019.
All registration forms will be online for families to complete. Additional information, including a list of schools with open and closed boundaries, will be posted on the Division website.
When Can My Child Start Kindergarten?
To register for kindergarten in the 2019-20 school year, your child must be five years old on or before Dec. 31, 2019.
School News View All
Yearbook Orders are OPEN
Posted on Jun 12 2019
If you are interested in a 2018 2019 yearbook - please fill out the form and return to office with Payment. Forms will be coming home June 12. Orders due: June 27th.
EIPS Board Approves New Policy: Responsible use of digital technology in schools
Posted on May 27 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. — Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) Board of Trustees has approved a new policy regarding cellphones. Policy 24, Personal Communication Devices, passed at a regular Board Meeting on May 22, 2019, outlines how students…
École Parc Élémentaire Students Seek out New Trails in New Bike Club
Posted on May 17 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. —The students at École Parc Élémentaire are getting a crash course in all-things cycling thanks to a new after school program hosted by some generous parent volunteers. From now until the end of the school…
EIPS Celebrates Learning During Education Week 2019
Posted on Apr 29 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. — Students and staff across Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) are showcasing the important role education plays in shaping their future as part of Education Week 2019, from April 29 to May 3. Led by the Alberta…