Welcome to École Parc Élémentaire
Shelley Boswell, Assistant Principal
Patti Fedor, Counsellor
Sherri Prince, Secretary
We are a diverse French Immersion learning community that inspires a love of learning, encourages student individuality and promotes global citizenship in a safe, caring and enriched environment.
Our vision: We value the importance of strong learning partnerships between students, teachers, parents and the community, while wanting each student to be successful to his/her greatest capacity. We value the development of a positive attitude toward learning while celebrating and enhancing personal strengths.
Our Mascot: The Grizzly exhibits patience, intelligence, independence and bravery.
WRITE-ON SCHOOL SUPPLIES – Online Ordering Opportunity
Once again the Ecole Parc Fundraising Society is offering the most stress-free and easy way to shop for your child’s school supplies for September 2022. You may order online through Write-On from now until August 1, 2022 and have them delivered to your door. The supply lists are all identified by grade, and you may customize your order based on what supplies you may have remaining from year’s past. For example, I definitely don’t need anymore duotangs and our headphones from this year still work!
Use this link to order your supplies. Our school will receive 10% back from every order.
FOR ONLINE ORDERS:
• Go to www.write-on.ca
• Click on “PARENTS – Order Here”
• School Name: Ecole Parc Elementaire – FORT SASKATCHEWAN
• Choose your grade and place your order.
• Complete your order by clicking ‘PLACE ORDER’
• You will receive an automatic email confirmation to confirm your order has been received
• We accept VISA, MC, AMEX, Visa Debit and Interac On-line.
French Immersion Programming
The French Immersion Program begins in Kindergarten and promotes both French and English proficiency for students whose parents may or may not have a French background. Although the French Immersion Program curriculum is the same as the English curriculum, the language of instruction is predominantly French.
École Parc Élémentaire is excited to offer single-track French Immersion programming for our students. How single-track French Immersion differs from dual-track:
- French is used in many aspects of the school day: announcements, extracurricular activities, displays, school songs, celebrations, etc.
- English Language Arts is taught as a subject and begins in Grade 3.
- Students are more likely to speak French outside of the classroom setting.
- Most school resources are in French, contributing to a full immersion experience.